Five Dollars. Meet coach Tori at The General Performance Training in Huntsville Texas


My name is Tori Koerselman and I am here to take you on a fitness journey that you never even knew was an option for you. This journey is for ANYONE at any stage of life, fitness level, and health. Here, at The General Performance Training, we are striving to help you become the best YOU. Whether that means you will learn to air squat with correct form and no assistance, learn how to snatch when before, you had no idea what this lift even was, get your first pull-up, or make strides at being competitive in the CrossFit Open. Whatever your goal is, we are here for you. Maybe you are someone who doesn't care about any of that, you hate the gym, and you really hate CrossFit.       

"CrossFit is too much, it causes injuries, it's scary, too hard, and I can't do it." Have you said those things before? I have. That's right, I own a CrossFit gym and before I gave CrossFit a chance, I had those exact same thoughts that you are having causing you to be hesitant to walk into a place like The General. I hid behind locked doors, during "closed hours" of a CrossFit gym when no classes were going on so that no one could see me. It's silly to me now when I think about it and I know you would think so too. What was I afraid of? For people to see me better myself, giving myself a set of skills that would create a better lifestyle, well-being, and longevity for the rest of my life? It took me being extremely overweight and out of shape with the desire to finish my career as a collegiate athlete (Sam Houston State Softball) to realize that I needed to make a change. Do you have something in the back of your mind nudging you to make that same change? What's stopping you? What is actually holding you back from becoming your best self. Is it the name CrossFit? Is it the group setting? Is it the time of day? Is it budget? 

We have solutions for you here, at The General, for all of those questions you may have. With our variety of classes offered other than CrossFit, we provide a level of class for anyone at any age, skill level, or shape. From 65 year old women who just need functionality in their lives, to people with previous, nagging injuries, e.g., required hip replacements, to overweight athletes that need help getting over the hump of weight loss, to super fit athletes that are extremely competitive in the actual sport of CrossFit, there is a class for YOU! 

Now, you say, "it's not that it's CrossFit, I just don't want to be around people when I work out yet", once again, we can fix that. We have several classes, here at The General, that are a smaller group setting and we also offer one-on-one personal training. I know what you're thinking, "she has an answer for everything and she's gonna keep bugging me about joining, isn't she?" You're right, I do have an answer for everything and I will keep bugging you because that is my purpose, to be here for you to become the person you want to be. 

Now on to the time of day and budget question. We offer 10 classes throughout the day and about 4-5 hours of open gym. We are literally always open for you, before the sun comes up and after it goes down you can count on us to be here waiting to help you start your journey. And money, money sucks I know, but think about what you'd really be investing in, a better YOU. You are important to you, aren't you? Then spend money on something that helps you for a LONG time. 

Generally speaking, our most expensive membership for the month for unlimited classes, comes to about $107, tax included. Right now, you should go look up other CrossFit gym's prices so that you realize how big of a bargain that is! So let's do some math real quick, for $107 a month, for unlimited classes in that month (6 days of classes offered, including our Saturday team workout), you would be paying less than $5 to attend each class that leads you through a great workout, with coaching and instruction throughout the entire hour. So, as you sip on your $5 Starbucks coffee as you read this, or scroll down, as I keep rambling, on your newest edition of your iPhone, or as you correct your driving in your new car because you are reading this while driving (which I do not promote), think to yourself, "why would I not spend $5 on something that could be so worth it to myself?" Why would I not become a better me for $5 a day?" 

Whatever your hesitation may be, whatever you are scared of, I am here to tell you from personal experience, that it WILL be your greatest change and you will love the journey if you choose to embark upon it. I know I have. The moment I chose to change, my life completely changed for the better. Yes, I lost a lot of weight, but it is so much more than that. I gained relationships, I finished my softball career and had an outstanding senior season, earning conference-wide awards, I grew as a person, becoming better to those who are important around me. I gained all of the skills I dreamed of having in CrossFit that now makes me a very competitive athlete in the sport, and I now own a CrossFit gym (my dream job) with my brother. How cool is that?! I love coming to work every day because of the opportunities I was given by a decision I made just to become BETTER! I can help that be you, all you have to do is walk in here and trust us and the process!

So try it, become a better you, and trust us, at The General, to take you on a fitness, life, health journey like never before. We are here waiting for you and are excited to help you make the change that you want for your life. Come spend that $5, you won't regret it!

Comments

Post a Comment